December 2018 Update



A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders at the completion of Mark of the Castle.

So what's next?

The Agent Search 

My illustration work is represented by an amazing agent who has brought unreal opportunities.  Unfortunately, he doesn't handle the literary side.  I've decided it's time to seek out literary agents to bring Centernia to the next level.  I know it's a long shot and I will continue to build the universe regardless if the series ever sees big-time publication.  Much of my time this past month was centered on sending out query letters.


Illustration

A few months ago I listened to a Pete Mohrbacher video on the value of getting up early, ( You Tube- One Fantastic Week ).  Mohrbacher is a fantasy illustrator who champions the idea of creating your own IP and taking control of your projects.

I took Mohrbacher's advice and started getting up before my kids a little over a month ago.  5-10 hours of work time were hiding in my week!  I also bit the bullet and joined a gym that had sitter service, buying me another 5-10 work time.  With these hidden hours I've started an illustration workflow that should enable me to start outputting more art for Centernia.


Book Three

I'm building out the scaffold for the third book in the series, which will take the reader to Jessi's graduation from high school.  Between Return and Mark of the Castle I discovered my writing process was too inefficient to ever finish the series.  I tightened up my workflow significantly and improved the outlining process.  I make no promises of the release date for the third book, but I hope it's not going to be another four years.  It's in progress!  Look, there's even a Spotify playlist for it, with a ton of symphonic metal.

Convention Updates 2019

New England fans will be happy to know that I've landed a spot at Anime Boston, April 19th -21th at the Hynes Convention Center.  AB was a HUGE con for Centernia in 2014 and I haven't been able to make it since, (because kids...brain...etc...).  I'll be there with tons of new fantasy art and of course, Mark of the Castle.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Centernia Fashion: Part 2, Jewelry & Footwear

Centernia: A One Year Retrospective

Centernian Fashion: Part 1, Basic Attire